Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is engaged in crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities within Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Plains is also active in LPG marketing, production and storage in Canada and the U.S. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
Plains is looking to fill the defined role of Specialist; Facilities Optimization. Reporting directly to the Facilities Optimization Sr. Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating and executing projects that support efforts to decrease cost and/or expand capacity, while contributing to Plains’ overall goals of expanding our business. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of NGL/LPG midstream experience in a combination of commercial and operations roles. Candidates with Process Engineering backgrounds will be seen as an asset.
- Work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders to realize opportunities to improve facility assets performance and economics;
- Develop and implement strategies, optimization opportunities, and creative business expansions that leverage existing infrastructure;
- Support improvement ideas to increase financial performance of all Plains’ facilities across North America.
- Comprehensive and recurring review of all facility assets performance and related project work;
- Interfacing with all asset groups, with strong Operations and Commercial team connections;
- Preparing presentations on facility assets detailing capabilities, constraints, opportunities;
- Preparing business cases to support optimization projects to include economic models and volumetric analysis;
- Provide Commercial oversight on optimization projects during all phases of development from origination to completion/in-service
- University Degree, Process Engineering related;
- 5-7 years of previous midstream NGL experience desired;
- Highly motivated with strong analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software suite with emphasis on Word, Excel, and Powerpoint;
- Ability to contribute individually and within a team environment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to July 26, 2019
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.