Plains has a position for a Rail Operations Lead based at our Fort Saskatchewan fractionation plant. You will provide leadership, guidance and management support to our rail operations team.
- Provide leadership, scheduling, coaching, training, performance reviews in coordination with shift supervisors for rail loaders and switch crews.
- Ensure a minimum of 25% of time daily spent providing direct supervision including: jobservations, railway operating rules efficiency tests, auditing LOTO’s, auditing permits, ensuring procedure compliance, participate in incident/near miss investigations, ensuring all PPE is worn and all safety policies are followed.
- Co-ordinate maintenance activities associated with Rail Operations at PFS and attend daily maintenance meetings as required.
- Work closely with the Shift Supervisors and Process Engineer to optimize production performance and equipment reliability.
- Support the Rail Analyst as required for execution of the day to day PMC commercial rail loading and delivery plan.
- Support the Rail Analyst as required by interacting with PMC commercial regarding customer orders, changes, requests and issues.
- Support the Rail Analyst as required by preparing switch lists for rail loading crews:
- Empties switched out in yard and spotted to L1 & L2 loading racks.
- Loads switched, blocked and set in departure track for CN.
- Perform all Geometrix tasks, including but not limited to:
- Generating train documentation (i.e. waybills)
- Arranging for repairs of bad order rail cars, locomotive and RCM.
- Arranging for track inspections/repairs as required.
- Coordinate with CN: delivery tracks for empties.
- Coordinate with CN: outbound tracks for loads.
- Support the Rail Analyst as required with the preparation of a 3-4 day rail switching plan and share with PMC commercial.
- Ensure that all auditable items associated with the Railway Operating Approval Certificate are completed, documented and stored appropriately to maintain PFS rail yard license to operate.
- Ensure that yearly 3rd party rail auditor is supported and the audit is completed successfully.
- Ensure that all action items associated with the 1 & 3 year audits are entered and closed out in Octane and Railway Operating Approval Certificate is obtained prior to expiry.
- Subject matter expert for any rail yard improvements or expansions.
- Provide proactive feedback to Operations Supervisor on all ongoing or recommended rail yard improvements.
- High School Diploma or GED required;
- Relevant Trade certification or Technical Diploma will be considered;
- 10+ years of hands-on experience maintaining oil & gas pipeline systems/assets;
- Knowledge of Maximo or relevant CMMS;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
- Proficient in the application of the Alberta Industrial Railway Operating Rules (IROR) and the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) as they apply to rail transportation.
- Understanding of the Canadian Railway Operating Rules (CROR).Subject matter expert in Geometrix/ Yardmaster/ and any future rail traffic management system at PMC
- Goal orientated/self-starter with excellent time-management skills;
- Clean driver’s abstract;
- Able to positively influence others and lead by example;
- Strong interpersonal skills capable of productive interaction under any circumstance
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to July 24, 2019.