Rancho LPG Holdings is currently looking to the fill the role of Rail Loader based in San Pedro, CA. The responsibility of the Rail Loader is to pump liquefied petroleum products into or out of tank cars, trucks, or tanks. This is an integral role within the company that requires team work, dependability and strong safety focus.
- Verifies tank car numbers with loading/unloading instructions to ensure the accurate placement of the cars;
- Removes and replaces dome caps and examines rail car exterior for leaks or damage;
- Connect/disconnect rail cars, monitors the volume of liquids loaded/unloading with gauge rods or meter readings:
- Prepares a sample for laboratory testing and seals the outlet valves on the cars;
- Engages pumps or compressors to admit compressed vapors into the tank car to force liquids into the storage tanks;
- Load and unload LPG transports. Line up lines and valves for tank to tank transfers.
- Terminal Boss administration and data entry.
- Re-tests and records the sample reading for specific gravity levels; and
- Perform monthly rail and loading rack preventative maintenance work orders; Loaders Daily Plant inspection checklist.
- Assist mechanic and operators with facility maintenance and projects:
- Drivers training, facilitate site orientations. Enforce company policies and procedures while maintaining a safe work environment;
- Maintain all required certifications to perform loader duties as outlined in the PSM requirements.
- Perform various tasks including, but not limited to, mechanical troubleshooting, compressor, pump and valve maintenance, testing system safety devices and periodic inspections and painting.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Current California Driver’s License (Class C);
- Previous experience is preferred, but not required;
- Ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts to draw valid conclusions;
- Confidence in calculating figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume;
- Self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Proficient in Microsoft applications specifically Word and Excel;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Permanent residency within 25 miles of the facility is mandatory; must be willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts. Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights and weekends. Willing to be on call and meet call out standards to respond to site responsibilities/emergencies
- A valid California Driver’s license and participation in the company’s Drug & Alcohol program are conditions of employment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to January 21, 2019 to:
Plains Midstream Canada
ATTENTION: HUMAN RESOURCES
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.