Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is engaged in crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities within Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Plains is also active in LPG marketing, production and storage in Canada and the U.S. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
Plains is seeking a Scheduler to support our Pipeline Scheduling department. While reporting to the Manager, Pipeline Scheduling, the successful candidate will be responsible for product movement activities on Plains crude and NGL pipeline systems. This is a fast paced, deadline driven role that requires superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Daily management and scheduling of volumes from multiple receipt locations and coordinating deliveries with downstream carriers;
- Develop and sustain strong customer relationships with shippers, producers and other pipeline companies;
- Prepare and manage weekly and monthly shipper and producer documentation as per industry deadlines;
- Monitor and manage shipper transactions and supply demand imbalances to provide analysis to shippers;
- Communicate daily with control centre, field operations and trucking regarding scheduled volume movements to ensure safe and optimal operations;
- Optimize system capacity and efficiency through detailed knowledge of the pipeline systems, customer requirements and market conditions;
- Knowledge of tariffs, shipper contracts and regulatory obligations;
- Create and manage all external communication to shippers, producers and interested parties regarding system maintenance, outages or projects on Plains systems; and
- This position has an on-call requirement for after hours and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics or related discipline;
- 3-5 years of related midstream experience – pipeline preferred;
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and be assertive, sociable, detail orientated and creative in the position.
- Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills – advanced Excel preferred;
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively;
- Possess a sense of urgency and accountability, ability to respond to tight deadline requirements;
- Must have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong business aptitude to understand the company’s competitive landscape and the ability communicate effectively with customers;
- Positive and professional attitude and the ability to work well in a team environment;
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; and
- Ability to demonstrate initiative by undertaking tasks independently.
- Preference will be given to internal candidates.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume online prior to July 26, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.