Plains LPG Services, L.P. is currently looking for an Operations Technician to join our Operations team at the Bumstead, AZ facility. This position will be responsible for maintaining a safe and clean working environment and handling loading/unloading railcars at the terminal site. The successful candidate will learn to properly operate terminal equipment including compressors, pipeline operations and pipeline pumps.
- Verify tank car numbers with loading/unloading instructions to ensure the accurate placement of the cars.
- Removes and replaces dome caps and examines rail car exterior for leaks or damage.
- Connect/disconnect rail cars, monitors the volume of liquids loaded/unloaded with gauge rods or meter readings.
- Prepares and processes a sample in laboratory and seals the outlet valves on the cars.
- Engages pumps or compressors to admit compressed vapors into the tank car to force liquids into storage tanks.
- Load and unload LPG rail cars, Line up valves/piping for tank to tank transfers.
- Terminal Boss administration and data entry.
- Record hourly readings of pipeline pressures and tank levels.
- Properly complete associated rail car Haz-Mat paperwork.
- Re-tests and records the sample reading for specific gravity levels and product compositions.
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance work orders and Daily Plant inspection checklists.
- Assist with facility maintenance and projects.
- Facilitate site orientations. Enforce company policies and procedures while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Maintain all required certifications to perform duties required as outlined in the PSM/DOT requirements.
- Perform various tasks including, but not limited to, mechanical troubleshooting, compressor/pump and valve maintenance, testing system safety devices, periodic inspections, painting and site repairs.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data and establish facts to draw valid conclusions.
- Confidence in calculating figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages and volume.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Capable of working in extreme temperatures during the summer months.
- Capable of lifting/exerting 90 lbs. of force.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications specifically Word and Excel.
- Well organized, self-motivated and safety oriented and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work 12 hour rotating shifts. Willing to work overtime, holidays, nights and weekends. Willing to be on call and meet call out standards to respond to site responsibilities/emergencies.
- A valid Arizona Driver’s License and participation in the company’s Drug & Alcohol program are conditions of employment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to May 31, 2019.