Grow with us as an Operations Shift Leader at our Empress Plant located approximately 60 miles north of Medicine Hat, Alberta This plant is one of the largest gas processing facilities in North America with 2.4 billion cubic feet per day capacity. At Plains we believe that everything depends on strong leadership and we are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Operations Shift Leader. Reporting directly to the Operations Team leader, the Operations Shift Leader is an integral member of the Operations Management Team and acts as a steward of our process safety management program and principles. You must be very strong from a technical aspect to be responsible for leading the shift engineers working at a 24 hour per day plant operation and supporting the safe, reliable, efficient and environmentally compliant operation of the facility. The successful candidate must be able to work a regular 12-hour shift rotation.
Note: Permanent residency within 100 km of the Empress Facility is a condition of employment.
- Maintaining the operation of the facility within regulatory parameters;
- Demonstrating competency in the execution and evaluation of all operational tasks performed on shift;
- Providing strong leadership, coaching and mentoring for personnel;
- Participating in change management communication and contributing in change management initiates;
- Performing Shift Power Engineering responsibilities;
- Supporting O&M budgets for area of responsibility;
- Managing the hiring, orientation, performance and career development needs of employees;
- Assist in the prioritization, co-ordination, and scheduling of maintenance activities and executing any necessary corrective actions;
- Communicating planned and unplanned outages as required;
- Ensuring safety, environmental and regulatory requirements are met;
- Supporting facility turnarounds by ensuring work is identified and integrated into the overall project schedule;
- Ensuring activities are performed without safety or environmental incidents;
- Providing and managing resources throughout projects as required;
- Promoting customer satisfaction by ensuring that customers are informed and satisfied;
- Supporting and collaborating with the Empress management team; and
- Ensuring key decisions and messages are communicated to the team.
- 5 - 10 years experience in oil and gas operations and maintenance;
- 1 - 3 years experience as a Lead Operator;
- Previous Leadership an asset;
- Valid 2nd Class Power Engineering Certificate is required;
- Proven ability to learn and lead teams during period of change;
- Motivated with a willingness to advance to greater challenges;
- Strong commitment to safety;
- Demonstrated team player;
- Self-motivated and energetic with effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-directed and capable of working with minimum supervision;
- Understanding marketing issues and opportunities; and
- Valid driver’s license.