Plains is looking for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Technician to work on our pipeline system in the Peace River area that will report directly to the Northwest Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor for Pipelines. The Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing mechanical support within a maintenance team environment on various rotating equipment, valves, pressure relief devices, and other related equipment in hydrocarbon service. The Technician will also be expected to complete operating tasks as assigned by the Peace River-Rainbow Lake Area Operations Supervisor.
This role has a rotating shift of working 4 days on (at 10 hours each day) and 3 days off. The 4 days on are either Monday to Thursday, or Tuesday to Friday.
· Troubleshoot, maintain and repair all stationary and rotating mechanical equipment;
· Identify opportunities for optimization and improvement;
· Ensure preventative maintenance programs and guidelines for all our mechanical equipment is adhered to;
· Ensure compliance on sampling, measurement, and tank gauging procedures to verify and balance pipeline crude receipts.
· Understand and adhere to safety practices, procedures and policies.
· Generate service requests, track and complete work orders, complete detailed work logs in MAXIMO.
· Operate heavy machinery including forklifts, man-lifts, and picker trucks;
· Provide Operations support when required;
· Periodic inspection and calibration of process equipment, and general site/building maintenance and housekeeping;
· Ensure compliance with Regulatory Directives, Alberta One Call & Ground Disturbance program;
· Provide support during non-business hours within the expectations of an on-call rotation.
· Minimum Grade XII with an inter-provincial Journeyman status in the Millwright or Heavy- Duty Mechanical trades;
· Knowledgeable in the operation and maintenance of pumps, valves, relief valves, mechanical seals, and other equipment;
· A preference will be given to those with 5+ years’ experience in a pulp mill and/or the oil and gas industry;
· Strong computer and problem-solving skills are required;
· Experience working with CMMS software; MAXIMO preferred;
· Self-motivated and energetic with effective written and verbal communication skills;
· Ability to work with a variety of individuals in a busy field environment;
· Compliance with the company’s Drug & Alcohol Policy is mandatory;
· Permanent residency within the Peace River area is required; and
· A valid Driver’s License is a condition of employment.