Plains have an immediate opening for an experienced Measurement Technologist based at out of our fractionation plant located in Sarnia, ON. As a member of the Sarnia Operations Team within Local 914 UNIFOR this role will report directly to the Measurement, Technical Services Supervisor and be responsible for metering installation activities focused on proving, configuration, maintenance and implementing industry changes to the measurement testing of liquids and gas metering associated with our facilities and area pipelines. The ideal candidate is a technical professional with a solid understanding of the concepts and technology of good measurement and enjoys influencing multiple stakeholders.
- Providing direction and oversight in the installation, operation, calibration, and maintenance of all measurement and meter proving equipment;
- Ensuring integrity and accuracy of all daily, weekly, monthly system receipts, throughput, delivery, and inventory data;
- Developing, monitoring, evaluating, and recommending changes in equipment to align with corporate, regulation and/or industry practices/standards relative to crude oil and LPG custody transfer;
- Developing standards and procedures for measurement practices, auditing and corrective actions for all custody metering applications ensuring alignment to PMC standards and practices;
- Assisting in gathering meter data and tracking key measurement parameters for area;
- Providing measurement SME expertise and oversight into following up on measurement equipment or field process anomalies including facility gain/loss balances;
- Assisting logistics around resolving issues with customers and suppliers;
- Complete and assess meter proving reports and instrument calibrations as per maintenance schedules and on an as needed basis;
- Inspecting all new and existing measurement installations to ensure adherence to regulations and Plains midstream standards (i.e. – LACT inspections);
- Creating, maintaining and distributing measurement schematics;
- Assisting in Fuel/Flare/Vent assessments to ensure government compliance;
- Execute procedures to ensure adherence to SOPs (i.e. – water cuts, proving, truck offloading)
- Maintaining SCADA, RTUs, communications and PMC batch ticketing equipment and software;
- Installing, calibrating, testing, troubleshooting and maintenance of instrumentation, including pressure, and temperature transmitters, gas detectors and analyzers, and;
- Managing meter proving activities in accordance with the Company’s Operating Management System (OMS) to ensure regulatory compliance in the areas of Health, Safety, Security and Environment.
- Technologist education in instrumentation or process control or Journeyman Electrical and/or Instrumentation plus prior gas plant, refinery, pipeline or oilfield experience is preferred;
- 5 years of experience in measurement systems for oil and gas, instrumentation calibration, meter proving and custody transfer measurement/allocation systems;
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of measurement related equipment (i.e. EFM, GC, H2O analyzers, H2S analyzers, various Meter types such as ultrasonic, orifice, PD meters, turbine etc.);
- One to two years’ experience with maintenance planning systems (i.e. Maximo);
- Strong communications skills and the ability to function well on teams as well as demonstrate leadership in implementing systems across a broad organization;
- Thorough understanding of codes of practice, regulations and standards;
- Ability to analyze and problem solve while working under pressure on multiple projects at the same time;
- Advanced MS Office computer skills;
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to January 18, 2019.