Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is engaged in crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities within Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Manitoba. Plains is also active in LPG marketing, production and storage in Canada and the U.S. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
Plains is currently looking for an experienced Manager, Trucking Dispatch Technology based in the Calgary corporate office. While reporting to the Director, Truck Transportation, this position will be responsible for leading in the development, identification and implementation of a technology platform to support the strategy and growth model of our crude oil and LPG trucking division. This role is best suited for an individual with a strong customer service focus and the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Work with large trucking organizations to implement and launch dispatch technology;
- Lead a project team to complete RFP process to assess, identify and select technology solution
- Lead operational implementation, training and oversight of dispatch software;
- Deploy best practices on utilization and dispatching across the trucking functional area;
- Work closely with Customer Service staff by assigning daily workloads, handling employee problems and discipline, and making administrative decisions on unique exceptions/situation;
- Maintain proficiency to act as a dispatch manager should the need arise, may include weekend operations;
- Manage documentation and metrics related to the dispatch function, including the generation of operations specific data and reports;
- Recruit, retain and develop a proficient team, including performance management, succession planning and employee development;
- Support Emergency Response plan, preparedness, training and reporting for the dispatch team.
- A university degree is preferred, however, relevant industry experience will be acknowledged;
- A minimum of five years related industry dispatch experience (trucking fleet/oil and gas/energy or facilities);
- Prior experience implementing dispatch technology within trucking industry;
- Broad knowledge of major vendors in the IT dispatch industry and an understanding of their products;
- Ability to build and develop strong relationships (internally and externally);
- Self-motivated, team oriented individual with a strong work ethic and a demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong leadership abilities, motivation and communication skills;
- Strong business acumen with excellent presentation skills;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and work independently under minimal supervision;
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driving record is required; and travel may be required.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to April 26th, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.