Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is engaged in crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities within Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Manitoba. Plains is also active in LPG marketing, production and storage in Canada and the U.S. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
Plains is looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and skilled individual to join the Supply & Logistics Accounting Team. This individual would be familiar with and experienced in inventory and product margin analysis. Reporting to the Manager, Supply & Logistics Accounting, responsibilities include the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial schedules and analysis in a timely and accurate manner. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with proven analytical and communication skills and the ability to collaborate with multiple departments.
- Validate monthly accounting transactions from various sub-ledger systems and ensure the transactions are interfaced/reconciled to the financial accounting system’s General Ledger;
- Work closely with commercial groups to ensure profit margins and inventory balances and values are accurately reported;
- Prepare general month-end entries and balance sheet account reconciliations;
- Complete required financial reporting schedules including performing trending analysis to identify material anomalies prior to close;
- Analyze quarterly profit margin variances and complete quarterly reporting requirements for our parent company (PAA) and internal/external auditors;
- Participate in process improvement opportunities; and
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and nearing the completion of professional accounting designation (CPA) and/or recently completed;
- A minimum 3 years related work experience;
- Proven ability to learn new financial systems and processes and apply accounting theory, policies and internal control measures;
- Advanced computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate working relationships with multiple departments;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Ability to complete tasks and responsibilities within established deadlines;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and/or OpenLink RightAngle software would be an asset.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to April 26, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted