This position will provide financial planning support to the Area Management Team in respect to budget management and analysis, including non-financial metric tracking and reporting. Acts as a business subject matter expert to enhance integral benchmarking across like assets to support cost optimization and analysis for business development in project feasibility, while supporting support Operations Analysis requests. This position will report to the Operations Control Supervisor.
- Coordinates the input for the annual OPEX/CAPEX budget including supporting explanations and analysis as required, data input into Tagetik, and ensuring the budget is reviewed and reconciled by local management
- Coordinates quarterly OPEX/CAPEX guidance input for areas of responsibility including supporting explanations and analysis as required
- Provides monthly OPEX/CAPEX variance explanations both for local Area Management and Operations Analysis
- Responsible for coordinating accrual forecast and analysis on monthly basis for PPTC, Empress 1-6
- Completes annual maintenance capital budget and monthly maintenance capital variance for areas of responsibility, consistent with Operations Analysis
- Responsible for the full AFE cycle including; preparation of AFE; Supplement, cost summaries, accruals and In service Reports
- Prepares and contributes to presentations and reports by supplying required analytical components.
- Provides metric development, tracking and management.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and provide work direction to junior personnel
- Analyze monthly lease operating statements (JIB) for accuracy and update info for JV partner reports
- Provide Variance explanations, audit query information for the Joint Interest Billing
- Perform other related duties as required
- Degree or diploma in Commerce or Management
- 1-3 years of accounting/financial experience
- Oil and Gas industry knowledge is preferred
- Proficient with the full Microsoft suite of products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel); heavy excel manipulation and understanding of how to mine data from accounting and reporting systems
- Ability to contribute within a team environment
- Possessing excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrating a high level of motivation with excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Showing initiative and having a strong work ethic
- Enjoying working in a busy office environment
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to July 19, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.