Plains currently has an immediate opening for a Facilities Engineer to join our Operations Engineering Group. The successful candidate will commence fulfilling their duties in Calgary, AB and will be expected to relocate to Schaefferstown, PA after 6-12 months. Due to recent acquisitions and internal growth, the Facilities Engineer will be primarily responsible for providing technical and engineering support to the fractionation facilities and storage and marketing terminals within the Eastern LPG District in the USA in project management, process optimization, work order support, process safety management, troubleshooting, and rotating equipment to ensure continued equipment performance and capability. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced environment and are confident in their ability to work on multiple projects. The Facilities Engineer must be willing and capable to travel to various job sites within the United States and Canada.
Please note, relocation assistance to Schaefferstown will be provided.
- Lead or assist projects related to plant piping, storage, pipelines and rail/truck loading (material specification, procurement, QC requirements, construction drawings, and drawing updates);
- Completion of Work Orders and Purchase Orders as they relate to engineering projects;
- Ability to assist facility operations staff and troubleshoot day to day processing issues;
- Develop and recommend projects, as well as a related scope, to improve performance in terms of reliability, safety, environmental performance, efficiency, and net revenue;
- Provide project management services on small projects (AFE generation, project cost and schedule control, procurement, contractor evaluations, pre-job meetings, drawing updates, etc.);
- Provide engineering support to ensure that maximum benefit is obtained from process or operational changes without negatively impacting the safety or operability of production facilities;
- Provide support for the Eastern LPG District – Management of Change evaluations, Excavation permits;
- Ensure compliance to standards and regulatory requirements applicable to engineering activities;
- Perform detailed plant tests including analysis of results;
- Participate in process safety evaluations (HAZOP, Management of Change Checklists, PSSR, etc.);
- Participate in incident investigations, process and equipment failure analysis as required;
- Become proficient in the applicable industry and PMC piping codes and specifications;
- Perform simple and more detailed economic analysis of projects. Recognize the key business drivers which generate value (low operating costs, flexibility, importance of reacting to outside business influences); and
- Provide innovative, cost effective solutions, and best practices to plant problems.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Petroleum Engineering is preferred; other disciplines may be considered if supplemented by the right experience;
- Minimum 7 years facility/operations/project engineering experience; preference will be given to candidates with experience in a team-based oil and gas operations environment;
- Working knowledge of industry codes, oil and gas operations and regulatory requirements;
- Knowledgeable in project management processes, as well as gas liquids processing operations;
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Strong computer, organizational and technical skills
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to February 16, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.