Plains has an opening within our Calgary corporate office for a Measurement Specialist. This is a full time employment position and will provide critical oversight and expertise for loss prevention, regulatory, policies and procedures and measurement equipment standardization. In addition, the Specialist is also responsible to provide field and engineering support and run measurement programs to assist with OMS goals.
This role has accountability to provide a solid understanding of the concepts and technology of good measurement and to influence multiple stakeholders who design, install and operate metering and sampling installations. The Specialist is also responsible for appraising, monitoring and implementing industry changes to the measurement testing of liquids and gas metering associated with our process plants and facilities.
The successful candidate will be eligible for Company benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision, vacation and flex days.
- Providing technical and operational direction, support and oversight to the Engineering, Operations and Commercial departments for measurement and quality.
- Ensuring field measurement standardization programs, processes and procedures are in place to meet PMC standards which align with Plains OMS requirements, API, Measurement Canada, AER Dir 17, and Econ PNG17 requirements.
- Perform Measurement Assessments aimed at loss prevention and reducing gain/loss percentages outside tolerances. In addition, respond to external audits from regulators, producers, and other midstream operators.
- Support activities as necessary for field operations, IT system initiative (eg. Pi, FlowCal, Tinbox Proving Software, etc)
- University degree, Technical diploma or 5 to 10 years related experience in a related Trade or Operations position.
- Minimum 8 -10 years’ experience in hydrocarbon processing or the pipeline industry, plus 5 years’ experience with custody transfer metering applications
- Experience with Midstream operations and measurement system design.
- Solid understanding of AER, API and Measurement Canada regulations regarding measurement
- Thorough understanding of codes of practice, regulations and standards
- Periodic travel to field locations as required
- Understanding of E&P production facilities and oil and gas transportation systems an asset
- Exceptional team focus, with both formal and informal teams; demonstrated leadership ability for implementing systems across a broad organization
- Strong interest in analyzing and problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects at the same time
- Well-developed MS Office computer skills
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A valid driver’s license is a condition of employment
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to September 18, 2019.