Plains Midstream Canada requires a full time, highly motivated specialist to be a member of a multidisciplinary team responsible for implementing and maintaining the PMC Damage Prevention Program. While reporting to the Manager of Damage Prevention, you will become an integral member of this fast paced, dynamic and deadline oriented team responsible for all aspects of damage prevention including public awareness, ground disturbance, one-call management, crossings management, aerial & ground patrol, class location and land use planning etc. at PMC.
- Comprehensive knowledge of NEB and Provincial regulations relating to Damage Prevention
- Ensures team reporting and data collection is completed based on regulatory and internal process timelines; i.e. assurance activities , KPI’s
- Field based experience in inspection of third party activities including crossings, etc.
- Working knowledge of all Damage Prevention elements and how each element integrates with the other: Public Awareness, Crossings and encroachments, RoW surveillance and monitoring, One Call Management, Class Location and Land Use Planning, Unauthorized Reporting & Ground Disturbance
- Ability to mentor and train junior employees in all elements of Damage Prevention
- Field based experience in locating and marking
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication relating to report writing, presentations, etc.
- University undergraduate Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced Locating and Marking certification or equivalent
- At least 10 years’ experience in the pipeline industry in a related field including 5 years progressive experience in Damage Prevention roles.
- Elevated knowledge of Damage Prevention regulatory and legal requirements
- Pipeline inspection relating to crossings and encroachments, locating and marking
- Strong analytical acumen related to process optimization/stakeholder relationship management,
- ability to communicate to a wide audience including employees/industry associations/regulatory agencies,
- strong interpersonal skills including consultation,influencing,negotiation and conflict resolution.
- University undergraduate Bachelor’s degree.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to November 15, 2019.