Plains Midstream Canada is engaged in LPG marketing, production and storage in Canada and the USA. Plains is also active in crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities within Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
Grow with us as an Operations Shift Leader in one Canada’s largest Fractionation Facilities. At Plains we believe that everything depends on strong leadership and we are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Operations Shift Leader at our NGL Fractionation Plant and Storage Facility located in Sarnia, ON. This position reports directly to the Facility Team Leader. The Operations Shift Leader is an integral member of the Operations Management Team, and acts as a steward of our process safety management program and principles. As The Operations Shift Leader, you will be responsible for leading and supporting the safe, reliable, and environmentally compliant operation of the facility on a daily basis.
Providing strong leadership, coaching and mentoring for personnel;
Participating in change management communication and contributing in change management initiates;
Demonstrating competency in the execution and evaluation of all operational tasks performed on shift;
Performing Shift Power Engineering responsibilities;
Supporting O&M budgets for area of responsibility;
Managing the hiring, orientation, performance and career development needs of employees;
Maintaining the operation of the facility within regulatory parameters;
Prioritizing maintenance activities and executing any necessary corrective actions;
Communicating planned and unplanned outages as required;
Ensuring that responsibility meets safety (i.e. employee, contractor, vehicle, and process safety), and environmental requirements and regulations;
Supporting facility turnarounds by ensuring work is identified and integrated into the overall project schedule, scope and budget;
Ensuring activities are performed without safety or environmental incidents; and providing resources throughout the project as required;
Promoting customer satisfaction by ensuring that customers are informed and satisfied;
Supporting and collaborating with the Sarnia Management Team in Planning and Engineering meetings; and
Ensuring key decisions and key messages are cascaded to the workforce as agreed to by the management teams.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in industrial oil and gas, chemical, or mining operations and maintenance;
- 5 to 10 years’ experience as a supervisor, leading and engaging team members;
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to operate plant specific machinery;
- Proven ability to learn and lead teams during period of change; and
- Other combinations of education and experience may be considered however it is imperative that the successful candidate be very strong from a technical aspect.
- Self-directed and capable of working with minimum supervision;
- Power Engineering, Trades certification or equivalent experience would be considered an asset;
- Motivated with a willingness to advance to greater challenges;
- Demonstrated team player;
- Strong commitment to safety;
- Understanding of customer issues and focus; and
- Self-motivated and energetic with effective written and verbal communication skills.
This role provides the opportunity to lead a team of operators working at a 24 hour per day plant operation. The successful candidate must be able to work a regular 12-hour rotation and maintain permanent residency within 100 KM of the Plant. Relocation assistance will be provided for this role.
Our employees drive our success. At Plains, hard work is rewarded with competitive compensation and a top-tier benefits program designed to keep you safe, healthy and happy. We work hard to deliver the best results to our stakeholders but we also respect our employees need for personal and family time, which is reflected in our great benefits program.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.