Plains is looking for a highly motivated team player to work in our multi-console control centre. This is a dynamic environment where the successful candidate will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all Plains’ pipelines and related facilities.
· Willing to work in a 12 hour rotational shift environment;
· Control and monitor pipeline operations including flows, pressures and temperatures at various stations;
· Diagnose potential problems and respond to alarm conditions as they occur;
· Coordinate operational activities and equipment status; and
· Interface with schedulers on pumping orders and volumes.
· Minimum Grade 12 with technical post-secondary education is preferred;
· 2 – 5 years SCADA based control systems experience in the Oil & Gas industry is preferred;
· Must successfully complete Operator Qualification testing (COBRA) relevant to this position;
· Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work as a team player with minimal supervision;
· Strong attention to detail and the ability to take initiative or accept direction;
· Working knowledge of MS Office applications or similar, and
· Permanent residency within 60 kms of the Control Centre is a condition of employment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to July 22, 2019.