Plains Midstream Canada (PMC) is engaged in crude oil gathering, transportation and marketing activities within Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Manitoba. Plains is also active in LPG marketing, production and storage in Canada and the U.S. Fueled by our strong management team and dedicated employee base, Plains has sustained strong growth and has aggressive development plans for the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy working as part of a team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial work environment.
Plains is currently accepting applicants for Specialist positions within our Commercial group. The successful candidates will exhibit a high level of professionalism and willingness to contribute to an exciting and ever-changing market environment.
Opportunities currently exist within:
- Crude Oil & NGL Supply, Trading, and Marketing
- Crude Oil & NGL Facilities & Pipelines
- Business Development
- Major Projects & Long Term Contracts
- Truck, Rail, & Pipeline Scheduling / Logistics
- Gas & Ethane Procurement and Processing
Responsibilities (may vary by role):
- Provide market analysis on specific commercial opportunities;
- Evaluate project economics, prepare management presentations, and present commercial opportunities for updates and approvals;
- Quantitative analysis to support the development of short and long term Crude Oil and NGL fundamental outlooks;
- Identifying and evaluating the implications of major trends and developments in regional Crude Oil and NGL markets and supply/demand balances;
- Maintain and communicate up-to-date market information (pricing, trends, opportunities, etc) to the marketers;
- Maintain multiple spreadsheets to track and report on profit forecasting, budget comparisons, exposure reporting, etc.;
- Coordinate and collaborate with multi-discipline, cross-functional teams comprised of internal departments (including but not limited to Commercial, Engineering, Operations, Environmental, Land, Legal and Regulatory) to identify opportunities, produce scopes of work, identify project risks and mitigations, evaluate project economics, and produce development plans and business cases
- Collaborate with internal PMC groups to develop and maintain relationships with new and/or existing customers and other key industry representatives; gather market intelligence on producer plans, competitive projects, and other fundamentals affecting Plains;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field including Commerce, Economics, Finance, Math or Management program
- Minimum 5-10 years of prior work experience in Commercial area of the Oil & Gas industry, from upstream production through to midstream or downstream refining.
- Preference given to individuals with experience in Crude Oil, Condensate and NGL’s.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to contemplate all aspects of opportunities (technical, financial, contractual, legal, operational and marketing);
- Ability to multi-task and work on a wide variety of projects in a deadline driven environment while maintaining thorough, fact based analysis and recommendations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Advanced computer proficiency, specifically with Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Enjoys working with multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume online on or before July 26, 2019
We thank all interested candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.